Re: Newer laptops & CPU speed

Hello again,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 06:22:30PM +0000, Jochen Voss wrote:
> The part I disabled is really simple, now.  The commands are
> for switching to high speed:
>
> 	pmac_call_feature(PMAC_FTR_WRITE_GPIO, NULL, voltage_gpio, 0x05);
> 	msleep(1);
> 	low_choose_7447a_dfs(0);
It is this one.  I disabled it only for the first three calls.
This allows to boot up the machine properly.
powernowd tries to change the speed from time to time,
this reaching my limit.
As soon as the above code is really called the machine hangs
without any kernel messages (at least none are printed on the
console).

Now I run out of ideas and I am also a little bit weary to fiddle
around with the voltages (can this fry my hardware?).  Is there any
way for me to debug this further?

All the best,
Jochen
--