Re: Newer laptops & CPU speed

Hello Ben,

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 10:45:12AM +0000, Jochen Voss wrote:
> Can I do something else to help tracking this down?

I am currently in the process of figuring out how your patch crashes
my machine.  Since I know of no better strategy I am applying the
patch piecemeal and boot with each version to see whether is crashed.
The current state: if I apply your patch but replace the function
dfs_set_cpu_speed with a dummy (which just prints its argument using
printk), then everything "works":
 * the machine boots
 * the machine knows that it is on low speed
 * the /sys/.... entries are present so powernowd starts up
But of course one cannot switch to high speed now.

The part I disabled is really simple, now.  The commands are
for switching to high speed:

	pmac_call_feature(PMAC_FTR_WRITE_GPIO, NULL, voltage_gpio, 0x05);
	msleep(1);
	low_choose_7447a_dfs(0);

for switching to low speed:

	low_choose_7447a_dfs(1);
	pmac_call_feature(PMAC_FTR_WRITE_GPIO, NULL, voltage_gpio, 0x04);
	msleep(1);

voltage_gpio is non-zero.  Does anybody have an idea what else could
go wrong with these commands?

All the best,
Jochen
--