Re: Newer laptops & CPU speed

Hi Ben,

I seem to be suffering from this issue:

    voss@quiche [~] cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor       : 0
    cpu             : 7447A, altivec supported
    clock           : 1666MHz
    revision        : 1.2 (pvr 8003 0102)
    bogomips        : 829.44
    machine         : PowerBook5,6
    motherboard     : PowerBook5,6 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
    detected as     : 287 (Unknown Intrepid-based)
    pmac flags      : 00000008
    L2 cache        : 512K unified
    memory          : 1024MB
    pmac-generation : NewWorld

From other people's posts I conclude that bogomips should approximately
equal clock?

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 01:33:42PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> This is completely untested as I don't have access to any of those new
> models yet, so I'm waiting for some feedback before submitting upstream.
Unfortunately the patch makes my machine crash early during boot.
The last displayed messages are

    openpic: external
    openpic: spurious
    openpic: exit

With these messages on the screen the machine just hangs.

All the best,
Jochen
--
http://seehuhn.de/