Re: Re: kernel 2.6.10 + radeon accel + alsa

<x-tad-bigger>This is a ibook G4, with a Radeon Mobility 9200 M9+.

My XF86Config-4 file is attached. It could seem a little weird by i recently tried to setup vga-out so the file is not very clean.

I've tried several options like AGPMode 4, AGPFastWrite true but it causes X to crash and i have to force reboot.

</x-tad-bigger>
I think <x-tad-bigger>AGPFastWrite is still experimental and unstable, although it works with my iMac DV Rage 128 and Daenzer's sid Xfree.
Did you try both of these individually (disable one while enabling the other)? Can you identify which one crashes X? I'd be interested.</x-tad-bigger>

<x-tad-bigger>thx for your help.

Antonin.
</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger>
I went to my iBook. You're in luck as I apparently have the same ibook. I'm using debian sarge.
I have the same ibook but my Config is different. See below.
Notice that my Vert is different. Mine says <x-tad-bigger> "50-160" while yours is "VertRefresh 60-60"</x-tad-bigger>
Your device section is detailed but lacks identifying the card (in screen and device sections). By the way do these extras significantly/noticeably do anything?
Lastly, I haven't tried accel with 24 on the ibook but I know it works at 16.
I bet your problem is to be found somewhere here.

Maybe you can help me now (or anyone who might have something to say).
1) Did you get the cntrl key to work as it does in OSX to bring up sub-contextuals? Although I haven't hacked anything, by default I can't get sub-contextuals to work with any key, cntrl, option, command,shift, tab.
2) The other thing I did not like is that the touch pad accepts taps as input in PC fashion. I really do not like this.
3) I noticed that your "Section "InputDevice"" has one protocol while mine has two. Is one of mine redundant?
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 5"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
4) lastly, my battery life seems to suck, although I haven't delved into laptop specific utilities. I do know that linux-ppc laptop utilities support much less power saving processor settings. OS X is much more aggressive. Is there work ongoing with this to match OS X's battery power life? Or is it not happening because it is "good enough" or because there are alternatives such as the power pack, similar to the lack of concerted effort into airport extreme (although I rooting for the sourceforge effort).

EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Configured Mouse"
Driver "mouse"
Option "CorePointer"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 5"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "ATI Technologies, Inc. RV250 5c63 [Radeon Mobility 9200 M9+]"
Driver "ati"
Option "UseFBDev" "true"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Generic Monitor"
HorizSync 30-70
VertRefresh 50-160
Option "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
Device "ATI Technologies, Inc. RV250 5c63 [Radeon Mobility 9200 M9+]"
Monitor "Generic Monitor"
DefaultDepth 16