Re: ibook system bus speed

* Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> [2005:03:10 11:49 -0500]:
> On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 13:43 +0100, Christophe Branchereau wrote:
> >
> > I own an ibook clamshell special edition 366 MHz, running sarge and a
> > 2.6.8 kernel since a long time now.
> >
> > Today, I noticed by paying attention to dmesg this message:
> >
> > ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
> >
> > A quick look on google told me that the system bus speed of this model is 66MHz, as
> > http://www.apple-history.com specifies.
> >
> > Isn't it degrading disk performances a lot?
>
> No, IDE bus != system bus.

That's right, with more investigation I understood the difference.

Now a sample of the lspci -v output gives me:

0000:00:0b.0 Host bridge: Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth AGP
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 16
Capabilities: <available only to root>

0001:10:0b.0 Host bridge: Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth PCI
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 16

etc. etc. all at 66MHz.

So it "looks like" the pci buses on this machine are all working at
66MHz, and therefore the ide bus, or am I wrong again?

Christophe