Re: /sys/devices/temperatures and suspend to disk

On 08 Mar 2005 at 11h03, Jochen Voss wrote:

Hi,

> Reading /sys/devices/temperatures via cat results in a kernel oops
> followed by a segfault of cat.
>
> Am I in danger of destroying my hardware in this situation?

Not really, there's a hardware cut-off threshold anyway, but it's quite
high. The patch is on its way to 2.6.12 and the debian bug tracker, so
it should be OK for you soon.

--
Colin
  4. la détérioration de la tête peut avoir de graves conséquences.