Re: /sys/devices/temperatures and suspend to disk

On 19:35 Mon 07 Mar     , Matthias Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when i am booting the 2.6.11 kernel, i am missing the /sys/devices/temperature
> entry. Does anybody know, whether the feature is missing in 2.6.11 or have i
> simply forgotten to enable the feature in the kernel-config? Which option is
> it?
I believe that /sys/devices/temperatures is provided by the kernel module therm_adt746x. It looks like you're not running it. This can be harmful to you hardware! Get it as soon as possible.

> 2nd problem: I tried to enable suspend to disk using the patch
> http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~agx/linux-ppc/kernel/2.6.11-rc4-agx1.diff.
> When i remove all modules and do
>
> /etc/init.d/hotplug stop
> echo disk > /sys/power/state
>
> nothing happens at all, even system message.
Did you enable it in your kernel config after you applied the patch and before
you compiled the kernel?

Moritz