Re: ***kernal panic on starting Appletalk services***

On 02 Mar 2005 at 10h03, Kim Cascone wrote:

Hi,

> I asked on #ubuntu and #debian irc but no-one seemed to know how to
> go into 'recovery/single user mode' on ppc

Press tab repeteadly when booting, so that yaboot stops its timer when
it comes up; then type something like 'linux single' at yaboot's
prompt. (the 'linux' is the name of the kernel, you'll find it if it's
different because yaboot will show you the different choices when you
hit tab).

--
Colin