Re: initrd?

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 11:03:21AM -0500, vze26m98 wrote:

> Does it matter if I don't state the absolute path: /boot/vmlinux?  Also,

Yes, yaboot needs to be able to find the image, so it needs a full
path to it.  Do you mean you have a symlink to it?  I think you
can use the symlink too, but you need the absolute path to the symlink.
>From what I can tell the yaboot.conf file is something read by
yaboot itself at boot time, not something that ybin reads and
translates to values that would make sense for yaboot, so relative
paths to where you are when you run ybin would not make any sense.

> I see that this version includes an initrd statement for the old image
> as well.  Is this unecessary?

Maybe for that version the old kernel was also an initrd kernel, in
which case, yes.  In my example, my previous kernel was not an initrd
kernel, so I didn't have the initrd line.

--
Mike Small
smallm@panix.com