Re: initrd?

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 09:49:28AM -0500, vze26m98 wrote:
> Hi all-
>
> Finally figured out that upgrading a kernel image was pretty
> straightforward.  But my upgrade (to 2.6.8) stopped because I haven't
> configured my bootloader (yaboot, right?) to use initrd.
>
> Could someone point me to the documentation I need to read to do this
> configuration?  I'm reading the yaboot.conf man page which seems pretty
> clear, but what else?
>
> I'm particularly concerned about the RAM disk and whether I need to
> configure one.

Not difficult at all, I just changed back to a standard debian kernel
with initrd myself.  Below is my new yaboot.conf entry and the old one.
The option is documented in the yaboot.conf man page.

image=/vmlinux
    label=Linux
    initrd=/initrd.img
    read-only

image=/vmlinux.old
    label=linux.old
    read-only

So you see, it's only a simple one line change.

--
Mike Small
smallm@panix.com