Re: backlight control and debian kernel 2.6.10

Le mardi 03/01/05 Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> a écrit :
> > Sven, would it be possible to have CONFIG_FB_RIVA=y by default in Debian kernel?
>
> See my other mail, it depends though on the size of it.
> How comes rivafb can't take over from offb though ?

I don't know why but I've try the following :

video=offb:off
video=rivafb video=offb:off
video=offb:off, video=rivafb

when I disable offb I don't have any framebuffer at all and when
offb is enable rivafb is just ignored.

> Can you or Guido fill a proper bug report about this ?

I'm trying to recompile kernel-image-2.6.10 with CONFIG_RIVAFB=y and if it works
I will filed a bug.

> We still want to be able to fit on a miboot floppy, and integrate as
> many fbdevs as possible.
>
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root 65118 2005-01-29 23:47 /lib/modules/2.6.8-powerpc/kernel/drivers/video/riva/rivafb.ko
>
> So, this means adding 65KB to the kernel, or probably 20-30KB compressed, will
> make a test with it builtin and the miboot floppies, and tell you.

Many thanks.

Regards.
--
Djoumé SALVETTI