Re: backlight control and debian kernel 2.6.10

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 05:06:31PM +0100, Djoume SALVETTI wrote:
> I don't know why but I've try the following :
>
> video=offb:off
> video=rivafb video=offb:off
> video=offb:off, video=rivafb
>
> when I disable offb I don't have any framebuffer at all and when
> offb is enable rivafb is just ignored.
>
> > Can you or Guido fill a proper bug report about this ?
Once offb has control why should it handover things to rivafb, this is
expected behaviour I think. In the other case with offb:off, when
there's no fb at all I think rivafb should be able to "take over".

> I'm trying to recompile kernel-image-2.6.10 with CONFIG_RIVAFB=y and if it works
> I will filed a bug.
Yes this should work, I'm using the very same setup.
Cheers,
 -- Guido