Re: Switching from BootX to quik

On Monday, February 14, 2005, at 04:09 AM, Hans Ekbrand wrote:

Do I have to manually use nvsetnv to make it work. I am suspicious of
the line

"boot-device /AAPL,ROM"

Unfortunately yes! That's Apple's boot loader. Your system will revert to that value whenever PRAM is reset. So make sure you practice manipulating OF--the skill set will come in handy.

Fortunately, you can boot 'cmd-ctrl-O-F' (requires ADB keyboard) with a console or use the woody boot/rescue disk to run nvsetenv.

Unfortunately, the 'correct' parameters differ from machine to machine. On my 7200 they look like:
---------
# nvsetenv
little-endian?  false
real-mode?      false
auto-boot?      true
diag-switch?    false
fcode-debug?    false
oem-banner?     false
oem-logo?       false
use-nvramrc?    false
real-base       0x2f00000
real-size       0x100000
virt-base       0xffffffff
virt-size       0x100000
load-base       0x4000
pci-probe-list  0xffffffff
screen-#columns 0x64
screen-#rows    0x28
selftest-#megs  0x0
boot-device     scsi/sd@0:0
boot-file
diag-device     fd:diags
diag-file
input-device    ttya
output-device   ttya
oem-banner
oem-logo
nvramrc
boot-command    begin ['] boot catch 1000 ms cr again

How are you making out?