Re: yaboot killed after MacOS X update

Am 13.02.2005 um 17:38 schrieb marco:

On 13 Feb 2005, at 5:30 PM, Carsten Friede wrote:

The next time I update OS X, I want to avoid this procedure. Is there any chance to?

I experienced the same problem after upgrading to mac os x 10.3.8 (i experience the same at every "dot" update). It is enough to press "alt" at the boot and you will get a graphical menu where you can chose the yaboot bootstrap partition. Yaboot is till there, it is just mac os x resetting the nvram boot variable, i think.

Yepp. That actually works.
But it is really bad, that MacOS is doing such stuff.

Carsten Friede