Re: bounty for fixing ALSA's powermac driver

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Jesus Climent wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 02:21:33PM +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> >
> > Wouldn't it be a good idea to place a bounty to encourage Ubuntu PPC
> > developers to get around fixing snd-powermac for all Mac PPC chips?
>
> Sorry but I failed to parse your message. Are the Ubuntu people
> setting a bounty? Or you want us to set a bounty so that Ubuntu people
> can fix the problem and get the money?

I am suggesting that we set a bounty.  Whether Ubuntu people or someone
else gets around fixing it is unimportant; what matters is that getting
ALSA support properly and definitely handled on PPC is badly needed.

Mark Shuttleworth himself has just volunteered 500 USD towards this.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://www.iki.fi/q-funk/