Re: New xfce4 packages

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 12:10:51AM +0100, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 the mental interface of
> Simon Huggins told:
> > On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 01:25:03AM +0100, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> > > On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 the mental interface of
> > > Simon Huggins told:
> > > [...]
> > Since then xfce 4.2 has released and the first URL has all the 4.2
> > packages - I believe Madkiss is looking at potentially uploading
> > these to experimental.
> So we have to check packages. Unfortunally there will be a big version
> mismatch :(

Between os-cillation and the real debs?  Yes.  I don't care about that.
That's benny's problem.

> > > Sorry Benny, but I removed the xfld stuff..... ;-)
> > Quite.  We can't distribute this in good faith if we are staying
> > true to the xfce.org tarballs.
> Who can distribute ppc packages then? I think I'll remove my
> repository to sync to the maintainer sources. But anyway this can be
> done by an upload to _sid_ as well!

Well yes and no.  Steve Langasek wants the -goodies stuff sorted for
sarge before we start down the 4.2 in unstable route which seems sane.

> > Emanuele Rocca persuaded Andrew Lau to open up the alioth project for
> > xfce so your efforts might well be better used there.
> Hmmm. I need some further explanations here.

http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-xfce/

We're coordinating efforts there so I suggest if you want to help xfce
in Debian you come and join in :)

Simon.

--
oOoOo     "Clear?" - Holly. "No." - Lister. "Tough." - Holly.      oOoOo
 oOoOo                                                            oOoOo