Re: New xfce4 packages

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 01:25:03AM +0100, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 the mental interface of
> Simon Huggins told:
> [...]
> > In short, Martin and I had a plan to upload the RC1 packages to
> > experimental - I made some further changes to the 4.2RC1 xfdesktop
> > code which Brian picked up in CVS for 4.2 and released in RC3 I
> > believe.  I think the packages Martin and I have between us could
> > easily be updated to the lastest RC and go to experimental now.
> I didn't noticed these packages?

I've never heard of you before in my life until Guido forwarded your
mail to me yet I'm subscribed to all the PTS lists of the packages and
I'm the guy listed in the changelogs recently for more recent 4.0.x
uploads.  I'm sorry but I'm not psychic so I didn't contact you when
we'd prepared 4.1.99.1 packages.

> > I was planning on working on getting CVS HEAD to build now 4.2.0 is
> > closer so when it is released we can have them there.  The issue
> > after that is to sort out the xfce4-goodies packages.
> Which is done already by os-cillation.

I've not looked at the os-cillation (now os-works) -goodies packages but
we can't ship the base 4.2 packages from os-works as they're not just
4.2.  They are 4.2 + some xfld patches and in some cases (xfdesktop in
particular) they have 4.3 code in them that we can't guarantee will be
supported.

> > Our packages (source + i386) are at http://the.earth.li/~huggie/xfce4/
> > and http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/xfce4/

Since then xfce 4.2 has released and the first URL has all the 4.2
packages - I believe Madkiss is looking at potentially uploading these
to experimental.

> Xfce4.2 packages for ppc are available at:
> deb http://www.lxtec.de/debarchiv binary-powerpc/
> deb-src http://www.lxtec.de/debarchiv sources/

Are these just recompiles for PPC of the 4.2 packages above?
http://the.earth.li/~huggie/xfce4/

> Sorry Benny, but I removed the xfld stuff..... ;-)

Quite.  We can't distribute this in good faith if we are staying true to
the xfce.org tarballs.

Emanuele Rocca persuaded Andrew Lau to open up the alioth project for
xfce so your efforts might well be better used there.

--
----------(  In most countries selling harmful things like   )----------
----------(  drugs is punishable. How come then that people  )----------