Re: OldWorld almost dead no booting?

Well, I had YDL installed at the time, and I had ssh and scp enabled, and another machine at my disposal.

Anyhow, remember that this is a malfunctioning machine. The light may do anything it chooses. That G3 PowerBook of mine had similar problems to the one being described. (For a long time, I thought it was the half-dead, falling-apart power cord, also.)

Using the power button, it would make a false attempt to start. But, it only showed normal signs of life if I booted by pressing the reset button in the back--the little 1/8" reset stub. Eventually, the screen stopped working that way too... but "reset" would still actually boot the machine (just with no video).

Now that I remember, I was also able to plug my Desktop Mac monitor into the back and it worked and confirmed that the PowerBook screen, or that part of the video system, was just gone.