Re: PowerPC desktop -- asking for trouble?

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 12:07:52PM +0100, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:

> > > Indeed. So there's just Apple and Genesi and Hyperion out there.
> > Hyperion doesn't count, their hardware are buggy, and i am not aware of anyone
> > buying it apart from some deluded Amiga OS 4 wanabee users. See also previous
> > post on benh here about the dma-on-articia and linux issue.
>
> Yes, I know that Aone is not that good as a Peg2, I just listed them for

Not, its not that it is not as good as peg2, it is that the northbridge is
buggy, even if they deny it vocally. That is a realm of difference.

> completeness of PPC vendors known to me. There might be even more PPC

Do they really sell boards in any significant way outside of the amiga market
? Or even in the amiga market ? I think there is a bunch of other vaporware
vendors out there too.

> vendors that I may not know. For example I can remember Parsytec showing a
> nice quad PPC machine on CeBIT in the 90s (with 4x 601). Dunno if they're
> still in business or doing PPC stuff.

There is a bunch of embedded/setop boxes board vendors, i think.

Friendly,

Sven Luther