Re: PowerPC desktop -- asking for trouble?

On Jan 02 2005, Domingo Fiesta Segura wrote:
> If you can live without text search and hyperlinks in PDF you have tons
> of alternatives to Acroread.

Well, xpdf *does* support some hyperlinks. I don't know if it supports
cross-linked files, but both internal links and links that spawned a web
browser worked the last time I tried.

But, to be honest, given that Acroread is at version 5.10 for Linux on i386
and version 7.0 for MacOS X, I would say that it would not matter that much
if you went with Linux on i386 or on ppc: you're screwed anyway if you
depend on their software, since they don't seem to care about Linux.

Just my 2 cents, Rogério.

--
Learn to quote e-mails decently at:
http://pub.tsn.dk/how-to-quote.php