Re: PowerPC desktop -- asking for trouble?

Ciao Gunnar von Boehn, nel tuo messaggio dicevi:

> b) Linux user mode emulation. You can use it to just run i386 Linux
> binaries on a PPC Linux install.
>       So with it you can run all program available for i386 Linux on PPC.
>       With this you can run WINE on PPC too.

Yeah looks quite twisted but I reckon it can work. Definitely not
out-of-the-box as MOL is, but probably good enough.

> Please have a look at  the qemu FAQ and how-to for more complete
> instructions.
> Its actually quite simple.
> One thing to note, the windows 2000 install takes some hours. :-).

I think I would have gone for Win98. Anyway thanks :)

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux User #264449