Re: 2.6.6-powerpc Debian kernel and 802.11b problems

Hi,

Rory Campbell-Lange writes:

> After inserting the modules, I'm still getting an error,
> though. "eth1 no wireless extensions". Any clues?
>
> Ahah. eth0 has become the wireless interface, and eth1 is
> ethernet. Now everything works.

The interface names depend on the order in which the modules are
loaded.  In order to avoid things like this, you can use the mapping
stanza in /etc/network/interfaces.  To give you an example:

auto eth0 eth1
mapping eth0 eth1
        script /etc/network/get-mac-address.sh
        map 00:11:22:33:44:55 soulianis
        map 66:77:88:99:AA:BB heartbeat

iface soulianis inet static
        up /bin/hostname soulianis
        address 1.2.3.4
        broadcast 1.2.3.255
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 1.2.3.254

iface heartbeat inet static
        address 192.168.42.1
        broadcast 192.168.42.255

The script is directly copied from the example, and made executable.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!