Installing on a Dual CPU G5 Powermac?

Hi,

Is it possible to install/run Debian on a PowerMac G5 (two 2.0 Ghz
CPUs)?

I tried the d-i images but either (a) those images simply lack the
smp kernels or (b) there is some trick to installing on these machines
that I'm not aware of.

I can't realistically compile and build my own powerpc kernel unless
there is a way to do it on Mac OS X (I have no suitable host machine
left since my k7 based workstation went down with a mobo failure), but
short of that I'll try anything to get Debian running.

Hints appreciated.

Cheers!
Shyamal