Re: r128 Dual head support (Was Re: Video card register dumps)
- To: David Stanaway <email@example.com>
- Cc: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: r128 Dual head support (Was Re: Video card register dumps)
- From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:28:35 +1100
- Message-id: <1101454115.28048.2.camel@gaston>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1100239572.20512.43.camel@gaston> <4194CCC7.email@example.com> <1100309725.20511.97.camel@gaston> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1101450252.28048.0.camel@gaston> <email@example.com>
On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 00:33 -0600, David Stanaway wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 00:24, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 23:38 -0600, David Stanaway wrote:
> > > On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 19:35, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > >
> > > > Well, if you don't know the chip well and don't have specs, it will be a
> > > > hard time to get that stuff working I'm afraid. You should look at the
> > > > initial dual head work for r128 cards that Alex Deucher
> > > > <firstname.lastname@example.org> did for X.org, since you need at least that
> > > > (dual head) as a first step to enabling TV Out. Then, I suggest you look
> > > > at the open-beos project (I think it's on SourceForge) for the radeon
> > > > code that drives the TV encoder.
> > >
> > > Do you have any more information about this? I saw mention back in
> > > August that he was looking for hardware to work on the dual head
> > > support.
> > He got something working afaik, you should ask him.
> I am looking at r128dh.diff here
> I will let people know if this works on ppc.
It doesn't out-of-the box, it needs some PLL probing fixes and other
things of that sort I suppose. Similar to what I did on radeon in xorg