Re: Video card register dumps

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 14:38 +1100, Dean Hamstead wrote:

in my on going effort to work out how to get tv out going in linux
on my 366mhz clamshell ibook (and likely its siblings). i have installed
macosx dual boot with linux. as dirty as it makes me feel having an impure
hdd for the first time in years, im now looking to get register dumps in
macosx when i have the video set to tv out.

I actually have some code for that for MacOS 9...

suck. how about macosx? im not all that keen install 9 if
i can avoid it. i need to try seeing if setting tv out and then
restarting will let me get linux through video out.

Also, there is some TV Out support code for the radeon Mobility in the
openbeos radeon driver, which may be useable with the older mobility
chips as well.

would anything you did with the m3mirror tool be usefull?
tell me of this openbeos radeon info? there is stuff to get
tv out working with radeons on linux. im pretty sure some
one of the install walkthroughs linked off the debian ppc
ports page has some details.

the av cable im using is also used for the ibook after this
model (dont have it. i just have a clamshell) so users of that
model ibook might be helped by this project.

when i plug in the av out cable macosx detects it and new video modes
become available for usage. 800x600, 640x480, PAL and NTSC.

is there a tool that can dump them in macosx. or is my best bet to change
to tv out, then warm reboot hoping that tv out will remain till i can get
to a console in linux and dump the registers.

i know ben has done some work with other cards.

from the above mentioned information, some how the card tells the
operating system that tv out is now available.

the card is an ati mobility, for anyone not familar with this now ancient
ibook model.

> There are several models of mobility. What does lspci says ?

0000:00:0b.0 Host bridge: Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth AGP
0000:00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage Mobility M3 AGP 2x (rev 02)
0001:10:0b.0 Host bridge: Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth PCI
0001:10:17.0 ff00: Apple Computer Inc. KeyLargo Mac I/O (rev 03)
0001:10:18.0 USB Controller: Apple Computer Inc. KeyLargo USB
0001:10:19.0 USB Controller: Apple Computer Inc. KeyLargo USB
0002:20:0b.0 Host bridge: Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth Internal PCI
0002:20:0e.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth FireWire (rev 01)
0002:20:0f.0 ffff: Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth GMAC (Sun GEM) (rev ff)

Dean
--
WWW: http://dean.bong.com.au  LAN: http://www.bong.com.au
EMAIL: dean@bong.com.au       or       djzort@bong.com.au