Re: Video card register dumps

> suck. how about macosx? im not all that keen install 9 if
> i can avoid it. i need to try seeing if setting tv out and then
> restarting will let me get linux through video out.

No, I don't have anything for OS X.

> would anything you did with the m3mirror tool be usefull?

Not really.

> tell me of this openbeos radeon info? there is stuff to get
> tv out working with radeons on linux. im pretty sure some
> one of the install walkthroughs linked off the debian ppc
> ports page has some details.
>
> the av cable im using is also used for the ibook after this
> model (dont have it. i just have a clamshell) so users of that
> model ibook might be helped by this project.

Well, if you don't know the chip well and don't have specs, it will be a
hard time to get that stuff working I'm afraid. You should look at the
initial dual head work for r128 cards that Alex Deucher
<alexdeucher@gmail.com> did for X.org, since you need at least that
(dual head) as a first step to enabling TV Out. Then, I suggest you look
at the open-beos project (I think it's on SourceForge) for the radeon
code that drives the TV encoder.

You chip is a Mobility M3, that is an r128, and I think the TV cell in
it is similar to the one in Radeons.

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>