sound problem with linux 2.6.9

I'm happily using linux 2.6.8.1 + pbbuttonsd latest version on a TiBook
G4 1GHz. With linux 2.6.9 I have a lot of sound (ALSA with OSS
emulation) troubles. More precisely sounds works well after boot but a
few hours later it stop working, for example xmms start playing but no
output is audible from the speakers. Mixer is ok, but still no output.

Moreover if I try "cat /dev/audio" I get an immediate segfault and a
pbbuttonsd crash.

Anyone else is experiencing similar behaviour?

I'm fine with 2.6.8.1 but I would like to avoid this bug (if it is so)
to be present also in 2.6.10 and further kernels.

TIA,
Cheers.