Re: sound problem with linux 2.6.9

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

I'm happily using linux 2.6.8.1 + pbbuttonsd latest version on a TiBook
G4 1GHz. With linux 2.6.9 I have a lot of sound (ALSA with OSS
emulation) troubles. More precisely sounds works well after boot but a
few hours later it stop working, for example xmms start playing but no
output is audible from the speakers. Mixer is ok, but still no output.

I am using 2.6.10-rc2-bk3 and it works fine except for the fact that I cannot make the speakers speak :-D

I mean, I am using headphones and it works fine. But not the speakers. I have checked ALSA mixer and the speakers bar is set to zero, which could probable be the cause, but I cannot make it raise in any way I have tried.

My Debian Sid is up to date:

- kernel 2.6.10-rc2-bk3 vanilla compiled using make-kpkg
- alsa-base      1.0.6a-11
- alsa-oss       1.0.6-2
- alsa-utils     1.0.6-4

I have an iBook G3 800 MHz rev 2.2.