Re: ATI Rage128 video DID work, but...

Hi!

I had the same problem with my pismo/ATI Rage 128 and just compiled a new 2.6.8 with the aforementioned changes to prom_init.c. After doing the Option UseFBDev and Option sw_cursor changes to my X config, the second VGA out works! Thanks very much for the help!
But there is another problem that occurred with my new kernel:

At startup, the system can't "access the hardware clock by any known method" resulting in a date of Jan 1904, which makes my Xserver refuse to start.

I haven't found any solution yet...
The startup message also suggest that i use the "--debug" method to find out which ways it tries to access the hardware clock, but giving a "linux --debug" command at the yaboot promt, i see no change
(this is perhaps an alltogether wrong way of using kernel bootup arguments?)

with the new kernel, i was just excluding some unneeded alsa and joystick modules, no other changes were made.

Well i'm pretty stuck at this point, and having to set the date&time manually at every startup is not an option either.

My logs in /var/log don't say anything about that issue (or i haven't found them...)

Does anyone know sth i could try?

Thank you all!
Peter