Re: Test patch for sleep on Aluminium PowerBooks

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 10:51:37AM +0100, Sebastian Henschel wrote:
> hello...
>
> * Federico Gamio <federico@gamio.net> [2004-11-12 09:47 +0100]:

> > > It's usually quite complicated ... I wouldn't know how to explain things
> > > in an email list that...
> > >
> > > Have you tried pristine 2.6.9 with my patch and no pbbuttonsd nor pmud
> > > (just using snooze -f) ?
> >
> > Done Ben, and guess what?
> > It works.
> > The problem is solved when you don't apply swsusp patch.
> > So, you can't apply swsusp patch if you want suspend to ram in
> > Powerbooks :)
>
> yes, my kernel does not have the swsusp code patched into it, either.
>
> using pbbuttonsd, i just tried to resume after a 12h sleep and the system
> froze with the display being visible:
>
> hda: ...
> hdc: ...
> eth0: ...
> usb 1-1: control timeout on ep0in
>
> USB device 1-1 is, according to /sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1, the Bluetooth
> adapter.

You could try to unload the usb module before suspend and reload it afterwards.
I'm using a script to do that, because otherwise my bluetooth doesn't work
after a suspend. Seems to work nicely...

  Sjoerd
--
Life may have no meaning, or, even worse, it may have a meaning of which
you disapprove.