Re: iBook 2 sterling symbol won't display in terminal windows

To answer my own post....

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 18:23:10 +0000, Archie Maskill <galepsus@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get the SHIFT+3 combination to produce the sterling
> symbol in the console.  It works just fine in Firefox and other
> applications, but not in terminal windows, so I think it's a
> console-related problem.

It's something to do with the pound sterling symbol having its 8th bit
set, which sits rather uncomfortably with bash.

I found this explanation:

It involves adding a line to ~/.initrc, though this doesn't appear to
make any kind of difference for me.  Will keep experimenting...

- Archie