Re: best kernel config on PowerBook G4 12" 1.33GHz

Guido Guenther <agx@debian.org> writes:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 07:43:56PM +0200, intrigeri wrote:
>> Guido Guenther <agx@debian.org> writes:

>> > The brightness adjustance is suboptimal, have a look at the nv driver in
>> > 2.6.9.
>>
>> But the riva fb driver does not work for me (PowerBook6,2) : after
>> having loaded the kernel, the display does not initialize correctly
>> and stays stucked to these lines :
> What is the PCIID of your card?

0000:00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34M
             [GeForce FX Go5200] (rev a1)
pciid : 0000:00:10.0 0300: 10de:0329 (rev a1)

> Do you use any rivafb patches?

  - 2.6.9 without any patch, only rivafb compiled in, no video mode
    passed via yaboot : stucked at "openpic"

  - 2.6.9 patched with rivafb-fix-mode-switch-and-nv30.diff, with both
    fb compiled in, and append = "video=rivafb:1024x768-16@75" :
    it does not stays stucked at "openpic", but initializes to what I
    would interpret as a bad modeline ; it won't switch to X either :/

P.S.: no need to Cc: me, I actually read the list.

Ciao,
--
  intrigeri <intrigeri@squat.net>
  gnupg key 0xCA80A0D2 @ keys.indymedia.org