Re: Test patch for sleep on Aluminium PowerBooks

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 03:42:48PM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Hi !
>
> This is an experimental patch against 2.6.9. It concerns the ATI based
> Aluminium PowerBook. The nVidia based ones aren't concerned at all, and
> the iBook G4 will have to wait a bit more for me to get the video wakeup
> code right.
>
> It will add sleep (suspend-to-ram) support for these machines.
>
> It's based on various tested bits but is untested on these machines in
> it's current form, so let me know.

Woohoo, it works :) I've attached the dmesg output of a suspend-resume cycle.
This is on a PowerBook5,2 (15" with radeon 9600)

After suspend only bluetooth seems to be dysfunctional, but i guess that a
problem in bluez..

  Sjoerd
--
Enzymes are things invented by biologists that explain things which
otherwise require harder thinking.
		-- Jerome Lettvin
hci_usb 1-1:1.0: resume is unsafe!
hci_usb 1-1:1.1: resume is unsafe!
eth0: suspending, WakeOnLan disabled
radeonfb: suspending to state: 3...
cpufreq: resume failed to assert current frequency is what timing core thinks it is.
radeonfb: PAD_CTLR_STRENGTH change: 1d080208 -> 1d080209
Using MR table from device-tree
radeonfb: resumed !
enable_irq(29) unbalanced
enable_irq(63) unbalanced
enable_irq(63) unbalanced
eth0: resuming
PHY ID: 1410cc1, addr: 0
hda: Enabling Ultra DMA 5
hdc: MDMA, cycleTime: 120, accessTime: 90, recTime: 30
hdc: Set MDMA timing for mode 2, reg: 0x00011d26
hdc: Enabling MultiWord DMA 2
hub 1-0:1.0: reactivate --> -22
hub 1-0:1.0: reactivate --> -22
hub 2-0:1.0: reactivate --> -22
hub 3-0:1.0: reactivate --> -22
hub 4-0:1.0: reactivate --> -22
hub 4-0:1.0: reactivate --> -22
adb: starting probe task...
adb devices: [2]: 2 c4 [3]: 3 1 [7]: 7 1f
ADB keyboard at 2, handler 1
ADB mouse at 3, handler set to 4 (trackpad)
adb: finished probe task...
eth0: Link is up at 100 Mbps, full-duplex.
eth0: Pause is disabled