Re: Test patch for sleep on Aluminium PowerBooks

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 09:07 +0200, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 03:42:48PM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > Hi !
> >
> > This is an experimental patch against 2.6.9. It concerns the ATI based
> > Aluminium PowerBook. The nVidia based ones aren't concerned at all, and
> > the iBook G4 will have to wait a bit more for me to get the video wakeup
> > code right.
> >
> > It will add sleep (suspend-to-ram) support for these machines.
> >
> > It's based on various tested bits but is untested on these machines in
> > it's current form, so let me know.
>
> Woohoo, it works :) I've attached the dmesg output of a suspend-resume cycle.
> This is on a PowerBook5,2 (15" with radeon 9600)
>
> After suspend only bluetooth seems to be dysfunctional, but i guess that a
> problem in bluez..

Look at drivers/usb/core/hub.c, there is this:

#if 1
				dev_warn(&intf->dev, "resume is unsafe!\n");
#else
				down_write(&usb_bus_type.rwsem);
				device_release_driver(&intf->dev);
				up_write(&usb_bus_type.rwsem);
#endif

(At line 1530)

Can you try turning that #if 1 into #if 0 and let me know if that helps with bluetooth ?

Ben.