Re: Test patch for sleep on Aluminium PowerBooks

On 27 Oct 2004 at 15h10, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

Hi Ben,

> This is an experimental patch against 2.6.9. It concerns the ATI based
> Aluminium PowerBook. The nVidia based ones aren't concerned at all, and
> the iBook G4 will have to wait a bit more for me to get the video wakeup
> code right.

Aww, can't wait :)

Btw, looks like the patch you sent contains changes that have been
integrated post-2.6.9 (2.6.10-rc1) ? I tried 2.6.10-rc1 on my iBook
G4 yesterday, and had video-related problems: when darkening the
screen (using the Fn keys or by leaving the laptop alone enough time),
the screen displays garbage at level 0 (instead of going black as
previously), the sort of thing that happened to me when I messed with
mach64 registers when working on mplayer. You know, screen goes
progressively white, with beautiful color patterns expanding slowly
all over the screen. (can't find an image on google, sorry).
When re-enabling the screen, it's ok.

I also got lots of gcc internal errors when compiling linux using 2.6.10-rc1,
but that must be unrelated :)

--
Colin