Re: SOLVED Re: some other Problems with locales

He,
i still have a problem with locales in sarge-ppc:

/etc/lovale.gen is like
- --snip
de_de@euro ISO-8859-15
- --snap

neither
# localedef --force -i /usr/share/i18n/locales/de_DE@euro -f \
/usr/share/i18n/charmaps/ISO-8859-15 de_DE@euro.ISO-8859-15
nor
# locale-gen
does produce any locales at /usr/lib/locale/ or at /usr/share/locale.
Now Im a bit confused because i want to use locales. My environment is
strange also because only LANG is set, no LC_ variable is set at all for
any user.
# set | grep LC_
returns no values. I tried to reinstall my glibc because i read there is
a problem with locale support in some glibc, but i do not want to use
"unstable" packages in my "testing" world, or should i?

Thanks for all hints,
joerg

Gunther Furtado wrote:
| Em Sáb 04 Set 2004 01:44, Gunther Furtado escreveu:
| Hi,
|
| What have worked for me was:
|
| $ apt-get install locales/unstable
|
| what seems to have force apt to install the newest version of libc6 which
| includes glibc.
|
| Gunther Furtado
|

|>Em Dom 08 Ago 2004 17:00, Jack Malmostoso escreveu:
|>
|>Hi,
|>
|>I've just installed use woody on an iMac 333 and I cannot install locales
|>at all because apt-get tels me it has to install glibc and it is not
|>available. Is ther a way around this?
|>
|>TIA
|>	Gunther Furtad

- --