[Solved] airport and encryption
- To: Ken Moffat <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: [Solved] airport and encryption
- From: Adam Done <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:12:17 -0700
- Message-id: <1095545537.2863.16.camel@enoc>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.4.58.0409181919090.27956@ppg_penguin.kenmoffat.uklinux.net>
- References: <1095372805.2621.10.camel@enoc> <1095476403.7364.14.camel@localhost> <1095490044.1424.350.camel@localhost> <414BDD10.firstname.lastname@example.org> <1095491419.1422.355.camel@localhost> <414C3ACD.email@example.com> <1095531120.11191.12.camel@localhost> <Pine.LNX.4.58.0409181919090.27956@ppg_penguin.kenmoffat.uklinux.net>
On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 11:23, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, Adam Done wrote:
> > I got connected to the base station and can ping my LAN but I can't ping
> > anything on the Internet yet. The /etc/resolv.conf file has the proper
> > DNS addresses and with eth0 active I can connect to the Internet. Route
> > is properly configured but the DNS resolving is not working nor pinging
> > an Internet IP address directly.
> if you know a host which will respond to pings and it doesn't respond
> when you use it's address, that sounds like a routing problem. And if
> routing doesn't work, it can't reach any nameservers.
> I'm not familiar with the kit you're using, is eth0 a wired connection
> ? If it is, you might also want to check the contents of resolv.conf
> when you're using wireless.
I think your right about the routing not working but that is my
puzelment too. I switched my eth1 (running airport) to dhcp (a server
on the lan) and I aquire an IP and the proper routing table and I then
can connect to the internet.
OK, Now after typing out a detailed report of my new work, both static
and dhcp are now working. For some reason once I got the dhcp to work
and then switch to the static, it all works and all is well for wi-fi
and I can ping the internet and my lan.
Thanks to all who have helped me with this project and the understand of