Re: oldworld G3 powerbook / cd boot

C. Thomas writes:

> I'm trying to install debian to an oldworld style G3 powerbook
> (lombard? wallstreet?  i'm not sure).

If it's OldWorld, it must be a Wallstreet or earlier.

> Regardless, it doesn't appear to have openfirmware so apple-c won't
> make the debian cd boot.

It does have OpenFirmware, but still the Debian CD is not bootable.

> So, I followed the install instructions and went to grab woody's
> bootX binaries.
> Any suggestions?

Gee, I didn't even know there were BootX binaries in woody.  I use
BootX_1.2.2.sit from <URL:http://www.penguinppc.org/~benh/> on my
OldWorld Macs.  This works very well, just make sure that you transfer
the kernel and initrd to your Mac OS partition after installation.

Regards, Jens.

J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!