Re: oldworld G3 powerbook / cd boot

Hi,

C. Thomas writes:

> I'm trying to install debian to an oldworld style G3 powerbook
> (lombard? wallstreet?  i'm not sure).

If it's OldWorld, it must be a Wallstreet or earlier.

> Regardless, it doesn't appear to have openfirmware so apple-c won't
> make the debian cd boot.

It does have OpenFirmware, but still the Debian CD is not bootable.

> So, I followed the install instructions and went to grab woody's
> bootX binaries.
[...]
> Any suggestions?

Gee, I didn't even know there were BootX binaries in woody.  I use
BootX_1.2.2.sit from <URL:http://www.penguinppc.org/~benh/> on my
OldWorld Macs.  This works very well, just make sure that you transfer
the kernel and initrd to your Mac OS partition after installation.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!