oldworld G3 powerbook / cd boot

I'm trying to install debian to an oldworld style G3 powerbook (lombard? wallstreet? i'm not sure).

Regardless, it doesn't appear to have openfirmware so apple-c won't make the debian cd boot. So, I followed the install instructions and went to grab woody's bootX binaries.

Unfortunately, the bootx .sit was saved with no .hqx wrapper, so the resource fork is gone and OS8 thinks it is a text file..... can't unstuff it.

Any suggestions?

regards,

c. thomas

named above, and may be legally privileged.  Although
there is no law or precedent which indicates that a
lofty-sounding set of terms appended to an email is
legally binding in any way, you are hereby notified that
I own your soul, payable immediately.  Thank You.