Re: Laptop Mode

What do you have your -S parameter set to (if you use laptop-mode-
tools)?  Also, could I see a laptop-mode-tools config that works well
from someone?  I'd like to know what configurations work well for other
people.  Thanks!

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 21:01 +0200, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 12. September 2004 17:28 schrieb Bryan Forbes:
>
> Hi,
> > I forgot one question:
> > 4. I use XFS for my filesystem.  Will this screw up laptop-mode-tools?
> No.
>
> > On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 10:26 -0500, Bryan Forbes wrote:
> > > I've taken a look at laptop-mode-tools and I have a few questions:
> > >
> > > 1. What's the difference between that and noflushd?
> I know much but not everything, sorry ;-)
>
> > > 2. Will it reduce the temperature of the hard drive on my iBook G4?
> With activated laptopmode and set spindown timeout  (see option -S of hdparm)
> your hard drive is able to sleep for a long time. This will reduce
> temperature for sure.
>
> > > 3. It suggests pbuttonsd, but what does pbuttonsd offer that pmud
> > > doesn't offer in regards to laptop mode utilities?
> Nothing. The laptop-mode-tools recommend a power management daemon. This could
> be apmd or acpid or pmud or pbbuttonsd. It's up to you.
>
>  Best regards
>    Matthias

Bryan Forbes
bryan@reigndropsfall.net
http://www.reigndropsfall.net

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless
minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."
        - Samuel Adams, an architect of the Constitution

Key fingerprint = 3D7D B728 713A BB7B B8B1  5B61 3888 17E0 70CA 0F3D