Re: Laptop Mode

Am Sonntag, 12. September 2004 17:28 schrieb Bryan Forbes:

Hi,
> I forgot one question:
> 4. I use XFS for my filesystem.  Will this screw up laptop-mode-tools?
No.

> On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 10:26 -0500, Bryan Forbes wrote:
> > I've taken a look at laptop-mode-tools and I have a few questions:
> >
> > 1. What's the difference between that and noflushd?
I know much but not everything, sorry ;-)

> > 2. Will it reduce the temperature of the hard drive on my iBook G4?
With activated laptopmode and set spindown timeout  (see option -S of hdparm)
your hard drive is able to sleep for a long time. This will reduce
temperature for sure.

> > 3. It suggests pbuttonsd, but what does pbuttonsd offer that pmud
> > doesn't offer in regards to laptop mode utilities?
Nothing. The laptop-mode-tools recommend a power management daemon. This could
be apmd or acpid or pmud or pbbuttonsd. It's up to you.

 Best regards
   Matthias