Re: Laptop Mode

Am Montag, 13. September 2004 20:07 schrieb christophe barbe:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 04:27:10PM +0200, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> > pbbuttonsd - this daemon works also on powerpc machines and try to
> > support the full range of power management from dimming the display if
> > idle, over spin down the hard disk to different suspend modes. Battery
> > supervision and emergency shutdown are also included as support for most
> > of Apple specific hardware and hotkeys.
>
> When used in conjonction with laptop-mode-tools, a few scripts need to
> be disabled to avoid interacting with laptop-mode (the ones using hdparm
> and friends).

Thats actually right but the laptop-mode-tools do more than simply adjust
virtual memory management. It does foreign jobs too which collide with other
programs and that have to be removed sooner or later. I'm still in touch with
the author abut that.

Due to this problems pbbuttonsd comes with it's own laptopmode script which is
a simple copy & paste from the kernel tree 2.6.7. I will remove this script
and change pbbuttonsd to use the laptop-mode-tools after some basic
compatibility and responsibility issues are clarified. Until then pbbuttonsd
will support the laptopmode out of the box without additional packages.

 Best Regards
    Matthias