Re: need help with debian in my iMac DV+
- To: Daniel Ruoso <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: need help with debian in my iMac DV+
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 01:59:02 +0200
- Message-id: <1091663942.4620.139.camel@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <1091663415.2142.58.camel@cedro>
- References: <1090851569.1392.10.camel@cedro> <1091142624.24982.169.camel@localhost> <1091455390.1946.5.camel@cedro> <1091631983.4617.90.camel@localhost> <1091641927.1509.0.camel@cedro> <1091663009.4617.133.camel@localhost> <1091663415.2142.58.camel@cedro>
On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 20:50 -0300, Daniel Ruoso wrote:
> Em Qua, 2004-08-04 às 20:43, Michel Dänzer escreveu:
> > This means the server doesn't crash or lock up at all (as it sounded
> > from the post that started this thread)
> Yes and No. If I start just X it doesn't lock up... but if I try to run
> anything over it, then it locks (i.e: start gdm)...
> Actually, it keeps using all the CPU, i can ssh to the machine and kill
> X, I don't have to reboot the machine.
I see, thanks for the clarification. So it does seem to be some kind of
lockup. I wonder if it could be caused by the 2.6.7 DRM, have you tried
an older kernel?
Earthling Michel Dänzer | Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Libre software enthusiast | http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer