Re: Booting installer on RS/6000 43p-140

Hello,
On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 11:28:46AM +0900, Jerome Walter wrote:
> Helge, did you have had more success than me on your RS/6000 ? If i
> succeed in installing Debian on this machine, i will have another PPC
> (don't know what's inside) to install, more RS/6000-like, so all the
> feedbacks are welcome.

I am now able to "use" open firmware, so I can set various variables
and get the kernel from the tftp-server. But nothing besides it. Also
my machine claims to be a CHRP, not a prep. Well. Do you know how to
set the flags for the kernel, i.e. console=ttyS0,9600 ? Right now, I
am unable to pass them. I read, that

setenv boot-file flags

would do this (i.e., flags="console=ttyS0,9600") but this variable
gets overridden during the tftp-transmission.

So the status is in essence: Same as before, but from OF.

When I find time, I continue trying.

Greetings

          Helge

--