OpenOffice Impress compatible remotes?

I'm going to be teaching an introductory Computer Science class in the fall, and I'm using OpenOffice Impress on my Debian Powerbook for a lot of the lecture material. Does anyone know of a brand of wireless remote that works with this presentation software? I'd rather not be locked behind the podium while I'm teaching.

I thought that it would be a pretty platform-independent thing, but I just tried a (pricy!) Interlink model and it didn't work at all. I'd rather have confirmation from someone of a model that works before I drop fifty dollars or more on it.

Thanks for your help.

--Matt