Re: pbbuttonsd new problems

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 10:36:39PM +0200, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> > The new pbbuttonsd has a weird behavior and crashes from time to time on
> > my iBook G3 900. If I enable "cover sleep on AC" and close the lid, the
> > computer does not go to sleep and pbbuttonsd no longer responds. It
> > works fine if I push the power button.

I'm experiencing the same behaviour, but I haven't yet managed to
discover the parameters which make the behaviour deterministically
reproducible.

> Which version do you mean with 'new pbbuttonsd'? Which kernel version do you
> use? Have you updated your kernel recently? From which version?

For me: pbbuttonsd 0.6.2, kernel 2.6.7 (updated from 2.6.5).

BTW the most annoying fact about this pbbuttonsd is that when pbbuttonsd
crashes there's no way to get it up and running again without rebooting
the machine. "/etc/init.d/pbbuttonsd stop" doesn't work and after
manually -9-killing pbbuttonsd there's no way to start it again since it
complaints that another daemong is running even it that's not the case,
are there any hiddent pid/lock files I'm not aware of?

Another detail, which may be helpful, is that sometimes while shutting
down the machine after the pbbuttonsd crash while trying to put the
machine to sleep, the laptop enter the sleep just before the kernel
"power down" message. Then when I wake up the laptop the shutdown
procedure completes actually switching off the machine.

Cheers.