Re: iBook G4 install turning into a nightmare

Hi,

Sam Halliday writes:

> i'm pretty lucky then that FB support for my graphics card was just
> added to 2.6.7 then!!

That's how things go in Linux, especially on Macs - it just takes a
little longer to get things supported.

> as soon as 2.6.7 is available for the debian-installer... it will make
> installing on modern iBooks much much easier!

It's already uploaded, but waiting for admission into unstable,
together with a number of other 2.6.7 packages.  Meanwhile, the
packages are available from the uploaders directly:

deb http://sloth.voxel.net/~dilinger/kernel-image-2.6.7-i386/ ./
deb http://www.theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~jens/kernel-source ./
deb http://www.theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~jens/kernel-patch-powerpc ./
deb http://www.theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~jens/mol-modules ./