Re: iBook G4 install turning into a nightmare

Colin Watson wrote:
> Sam Halliday wrote:
> > the debian default of "video=ofonly" is what is breakign things!
> I couldn't quite tell which installer you were using, but if you're
> using the new debian-installer then video=ofonly is only the default
> post-first-reboot if you booted the installer with video=ofonly.

aaah... which makes sense because the debian-installer uses kernel 2.6.6 NOT
2.6.7... so the radeonfb fails and only ofonly works.

i'm pretty lucky then that FB support for my graphics card was just added to
2.6.7 then!!

as soon as 2.6.7 is available for the debian-installer... it will make
installing on modern iBooks much much easier!

cheers,
Sam
--
Free High School Science Texts