Re: Installing on a dual G5

Well, if it is the SMP version, the image containing it still doesn't
boot my dual G5. However, I don't know if that's the kernel's fault or
not -- it's an OF error and I am guessing that it occurs near the end
of yaboot rather than early in the kernel. So, for all I know, the bug
could be in yaboot.

Mmm, what version of yaboot are you using ? There are definitively some
point there.

Let me clarify this further: if I use the 2.4 kernel with 1.3.12 yaboot, the last thing I see before the machine freezes is a white screen with an OF error regarding /cpus/PowerPC,G5 (which does not exist in my device tree).

If I use the 2.6 kernel with 1.3.12 yaboot, I get a brief flash of a white screen on which I _think_ I see the same error as in the 2.4 case, but it's really hard to tell -- we are talking about a fraction of a second flash here -- after which I get a black screen with some messages that look like they came from the kernel, ending with "openpic2: exit", and then the machine freezes.

meeroh

--

<http://web.meeroh.org/> | KB1FMP

"Clue meter is reading zero." -- Alice