Re: Sleep and alsa problems

W liście z śro, 05-05-2004, godz. 12:22 +0200, Cedric Pradalier napisał:
> On Wed, 05 May 2004 12:03:36 +0200,
> £ukasz Studziñski gracefully wrote:
> >I used to use my G3/800 12 inch laptop with no problems, but for some
> >time it has problems with sleep and alsa.
> >
> >Sleep problem is that after a reboot for the first time I can put a
> >laptop to sleep with no problem just by closing the lid. But I can do
> >it only once - next time it will not go for a sleep, no matter if I
> >restart pbbuttonsd or not. So all I can do is just halt a computer,
> >which is quite inconvenient because of long start-up time. I thought it
> >may be pbbuttonsd problem, but the same happened with pmud, so I think
> >it is somewhere else. BTW - I use sid with Gnome2.6 from experimental.
>
> The first way to debug, is to try to sleep with rmmod'ing every unneeded
> module (snd*, usb*...), and see the one which is against sleeping.
>
> Try also to go to sleep with X switched off (/etc/init.d gdm stop;
> snooze in console)
I believe it is a kernel-related problem. I have found some 2.6.4 kernel
image that I have built later and it installed it - and now sleep works
again. 2.6.5 kernel was compiled with my old 2.6.4 config (make
oldconfig). With 2.6.5 kernel pbbuttosnd dies with the following message
left in syslog:
kernel: TASK = d7a8e900[836] 'pbbuttonsd' Last syscall: 54
--
Best regards,
Łukasz Studziński